About this course
Supervision is an essential part of any profession, it helps professionals grow and develop and be the best they can be.
It helps the profession develop and be the best it can be.
Supervision is the process where the coach with the help of the supervisor , who is not working directly with the client, can better understand both the client and themselves, and transform their work.
Coaching supervision is not yet widely known or practised, however, it will grow as coaches and the coaching profession develops and gains more credibility.
We invite you to be part of that development.
This training is will help coaches to take a step forward in their coaching, and add the skills and understanding of supervision. It will give them a unique perspective on their own coaching and open up possibilities for them to supervise other coaches.
This course will give you the fundamental knowledge, understanding and skills for supervising coaches.
To give you the core competencies, and models of supervision and an understanding of how to use them.
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand coach supervision and how it works
- Engage in Ethical issues of coaching to develop your own ethical sensibility.
- Use Integral models and perspectives in coaching and supervision
- Understand transference and counter transference and how to deal with it.
- Listen at different levels
- Use systemic thinking in your coaching and supervision
- Use the eight stage focus of attention model in Supervision
- Understand and apply the CLEAR model of coaching.
- Distinguish between performance, strategic and developmental coaching and supervision models and know when to use them.
- Understand and apply Torbert’s developmental model in coaching.
How is this course for?
- Interested professionals : Consultants , Managers
- Skills of supervision – developing supervision capabilities
- Ethical issues and ethical dilemmas
- Integral Perspectives
- Transference and counter transference
- Multi level Systemic Listening
- Systemic thinking
- The eight stage focus of attention supervision model
- Metaphors as a supervision tool
- Advanced work on perceptual positions
- CLEAR model of coaching
- The three models of coaching/supervision: Performance, Strategic and Developmental models (including Torbert and Keegan models)
- The Kolb Cycle as a supervision tool
Dates and study hours
This course requires a at least 35 study hours, considered as follows:
- 15 hours from online classes with Joseph O’Connor, delivering ten webinars of 90 minutes each
- 20 hours of additional work for students through the online classroom.
The online classes will be at 15:00 UK time on the following dates:
- June 9th, 16th
- July 14th,21th and 28th
- August Holiday
- September 1st, 8th and 15th
- October 13th and 20th
Fees and discounts
The full course fee is USD 1200.
There is a 20% discount for full payments received before April 30th, 2014
Members of the International Coaching Community will be able to claim a further 20% discount
These fees can be paid in two instalments, the first one to book your place and the second to complete the full payment before starting the course.
Money back guarantee
(Less 10% administration charge) if you feel the course is not for you and drop out before the second webinar.
Joseph O’Connor is an internationally recognised author, trainer, executive coach and consultant. He has given trainings in over thirty countries.
He is a leading author and trainer in coaching and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Systemic thinking.
He is the author of eighteen books and three audiotapes on Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), training, sales, communication skills, management, coaching and systemic thinking.
His books have been translated into twenty nine languages and have sold over half a million copies worldwide.
His book ‘Introducing NLP’ has been the main reference textbook internationally for NLP for over ten years.
He is co – author with Andrea Lages of two books on coaching
Coaching with NLP (Thorsons 2004 – translated into nine languages)
How Coaching Works (AC Black 2007)
President and Co-Founder of Lambent an International Training and Consulting company in Sao Paulo and London.
Lambent is the Delivery centre for Ekman trainings in Spain and Portugal.
Co – Founder of the International Coaching Community (ICC)
Director and co founder of the Master Coach Academy.
Co-founder and director of ROI Coaching, specialist coaching for financial executives, and he is Visiting Professor of Coaching, ISCTE University Business School, Lisbon, Portugal.
NLP Master Trainer (International Community of NLP – 2001)
Master Trainer of Coaching (International Coaching Community 2001)
Master Trainer and Life Member (Australian Board of Neurolinguistic Programming 2006)
B.Sc. (Honours) Anthropology from London University
L.R.A.M. from the Royal Academy of Music
England, USA, Denmark, Finland, Germany (Keynote speaker at National Conference), Poland, Sweden, Mexico, Hong Kong, Singapore, Czech Republic, Turkey, Tunisia, Austria, New Zealand (Keynote speaker at national NLP conference), Argentina, Chile, Australia (keynote speaker at the international NLP conference) and Brazil.
Joseph was the first European Trainer to give NLP seminars in Chile.
He was the first NLP trainer to give public NLP seminars in the Czech Republic.
He was awarded the medal of the Singapore National Community Leadership institute for his work in training and consultancy in 1996.
- Citibank – Creating a coaching culture and executive coaching.
- Panama Canal Authority – Team Coaching
- British Telecom – Team building and setting up new business units.
- UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organisation) – systems thinking training and consultancy in quality management for development programs.
- Noble Oil – diversity coaching
- British Airways – sales training and consultancy
- HP Invent –Training consultants and executive coaching.
- Petrobras – Developing Competencies
- BAX Global – Coaching
- Arlington Consultants – Change management initiatives
- Interbrew – leadership and team development.
Please contact us to coordinate your registration in the program:
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]